Support the Association
How You Can Support The AEB
The Association of Engaged Buddhists (AEB) relies on the generosity of its volunteers and supporters to fund and manage its many endeavours. The association receives no external funding and does not employ paid staff.
Volunteers and supporters provide time, energy and money, each giving whatever he or she can afford or is able to. Through the generosity of its supporters, the association is able to provide the many services and activities listed on this site, and to plan future directions and expansions in its offerings.You can support the association a number of ways:
- by being an active participant in its many events, social and fundraising activities, many of which are supported by small donations,
- by attending our fundraising events and by volunteering, donating and sponsorship
- by volunteering your time or expertise
- by monetary donation as below;
Donations and Sponsorship:
Donations help the association meet its month-to-month and longer term funding goals. Costs that need to be covered include the lease and upkeep of Sangha Lodge, maintenance and expansion of our retreat centre, Vejjasala and support of our resident teacher.
We also welcome the sponsorship or subsidy of individuals attending our retreat programs, who through personal circumstance, may be unable to meet the full cost of retreats at Vejjasala.
How to donate
You can donate an amount of your choosing using one of the methods below;
a once-off donation, or
a monthly donation via scheduled bank transfer
Non Tax Deductable Donations
Non-tax deductable donations help support our day-to-day activities such as;
- Sangha Lodge (management & maintenance)
- Resident Teacher (eg. day to day costs and overseas retreats)
- Retreatant Sponsorship (help those who can't cover the full retreat costs)
If you would like to support our retreat centre, Vejjasala, use the Building Fund account below.
For non-tax deductable donations, a direct deposit can be made to our bank account:
Account name: Association of Engaged Buddhists
Bank: St George
Account No. 131 328 823
If you wish, you can specify what area you would like to support in the transfer comments field (Sangha Lodge, Resident Teacher or Retreatant Sponsorship).
Tax Deductable Donations
For tax deductible donations, please support our Building Fund, the account details of which are:
Account Name: Association of Engaged Buddhists
Bank: St George
Account No. 411 874 749
When making a tax deductible donation please put your name into the reference line and send an email to email@example.com letting us know that you have made a donation. Include your name and address so we can send you a receipt.
The association relies on the time and generosity of its supporters and volunteers in all aspects of its operation. Below are some of the roles that we seek volunteers from time to time. If you are interested, please fill in the form at the base of this page.
Administration & Maintenance
- Maintenance of Sangha Lodge and Vejjasala (cleaning, repairs and improvements)
- Retreat support (setting up retreats, cooking, cleaning, organising etc)
- AEB promotion and publicity* (email, print and social media)
- IT support (computers, web, phone)
- Fundraising events
- Annual Food Fair
- Walk for Wellbeing (sponsored walk)
- Other events as they arise
- Visits to those in need
- Teaching English to migrants and refugees
*The promotion and publicity role is to help us promote the association and its activities to the general public and to raise our profile in the broader community. It will suit someone with an interest in marketing and promotion who has a familiarity in the use of social media.